This Level 2 Food Safety course is designed for the Hospitality industry and meets the UK training requirements for food handlers.
Level 2 Food Safety
This practical and interactive Level 2 Food Safety programme is approved by RoSPA
” the course content is very comprehensive and is consistent with current best practice. It is a good standard and complies with legal standards’
To comply with the legislation food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene, which is in-line with the area they work in and will enable them to handle food in the safest way. By passing this programme you will comply with the legislation
The overall objectives are:
- Identify the responsibilities of being a food handler
- Identify food safety hazards and safe food practices
- Describe the causes and symptoms of food poisoning
- Apply controls in food storage, preparation, display and service to minimse risk and achieve high standards of food hygiene and safety
- Identify high standards of personal hygiene as a food handler
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the premises and be aware of possible pest contamination
- Explain the principles of HACCP and the role of the food handler in implementing a food safety management system
This Level 2 Food Safety programme takes approx 4-5 hours depending on your initial understanding of food safety and English language level. You do not have to complete all the modules in one go. In fact, we recommend that you take your time and spread your learning over a few days so you actually relate the information into your workplace.
There are 10 modules plus a final assessment. You will progress through the modules in the order listed and must finish each module before you can move to the next.
- Being a Food Handler
- Microbiological Hazards
- Food Poisoning
- Physical and Chemical Hazards
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Preparing and Serving Food Safely
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Pest Awareness
- Premises and HACCP
- Final assessment (50 question assessment)
Assessment and certificate
At the end of this programme, you will need to complete an assessment that consists of 50 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 80% pass mark, and – if necessary – may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
Upon completing the programme, learners will be able to download a digital Food Hygiene certificate from the Learner Management System.
Level 2 Food Safety
For 1-9 learners.
Price per person.